You will need either iTunes sync (and connect your device to a computer) or access to mail on the device to setup OpenVPN Connect and add our configuration file to it.
Setup instructions via iPhone/iPad mail
- Install OpenVPN Connect from the app store.
- Check your mail including the junk/spam folder. After buying subscription with us, you should have received an email titled "VPN UK config file". (Please contact us to request a copy of the config file if you need to for any reason)
- Click on the vpnuknew attachment in your email.
- Select "Open file in OpenVPN". (OpenVPN app will appear on your screen.)
- Below the server address (188.8.131.52/vpnuknew) click on the green plus + icon to add our profile to the OpenVPN app.
- Enter your VPN-UK website username (not your email address!) and password. (Optionally, click the "Save" option.)
Below the username / password area, you will see the "Disconnected" - this is the current status.
Below, you will see an "Off" button, click this to connect to the VPN. The button should change to "On".
If your login details were correct, all being well the status should change to "Connected".
Ignore any adverts on the OpenVPN interface for Private Tunnel or openvpn.net/as/ - they're trying to get you to sign up to premium packages. The OpenVPN Connect program is free!
If you do not have email on the device, you need to download the file using a computer, then connect your device to the computer and use "iTunes sync" to transfer the config file to your device.